Leaders International Academy (LIA) provides English programs for elementary and middle school students. LIA offers rigorous language learning in an environment modelled on the U.S. education system to develop outstanding English language learners. LIA first opened in 2001 and there are three branches in Seoul, and one in Busan.
1. General Information
- LIA target age group: Grade 1 ~ middle school students
- School hours: 1:30PM ~ 8:30PM
*School hours may vary at different schools depending on the programs offered.
- Maximum of 10 students per class
- Teachers may be assigned to teach a variety of levels and subjects.
- Academic year: 12 sessions of 20 school days per session
- Basic LIA curriculum is provided by PINE R&D.
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications
2. Job Description
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the students.
- To plan and prepare lessons according to the LIA curriculum guideline.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, and to safeguard their health and well-being.
- To participate in staff meetings and school events as required.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of students’ progress.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programs of study, teaching materials, resources, and methods of teaching.
- A native English speaker with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Good organization and time management skills; ability to work independently, be flexible, and solve problems
- More advanced degrees in TESOL and/or teaching certificates preferred
- Work experience in teaching preferred