YBM Learning Tree is a premier leadership playschool for students from 24 months to 7 years old. Learning Tree provides a bilingual learning environment, with an emphasis on building a strong academic foundation through early exposure to creative activities. YBM Learning Tree first opened in January of 2011 in collaboration with the Cartoon Network™.
1. General Information
- LTS target age group: 24 months ~ 7 year olds
- Bilingual leadership program with 70% instruction done in Korean and 30% of instruction done in English
- For each classroom, there are 2 Korean teachers assigned. The native English speaking teacher will be teaching a variety of English language subjects for different levels.
- School hours: 9:30AM ~ 3:00PM (regular kindergarten hours)
3:00PM ~ 4:30PM (after school program hours)
- Maximum of 12 students per class
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications
2. Job Description
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities.
- To plan and prepare lessons according to the Learning Tree curriculum guideline.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, and to safeguard their health and well-being.
- To participate in staff meetings and school events as required.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of students’ progress.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programs of study, teaching materials, resources, and methods of teaching.
- A native English speaker with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Good organization and time management skills; ability to work independently and to be flexible and solve problems
- More advanced degrees in TESOL and/or teaching certificates preferred
- Work experience in teaching preferred
- Must be open to working with toddlers and pre-kindergarten students