YBM GATE schools are Korea’s one and only English education institutes for gifted and talented children between the ages of 5 to 7. Students are accepted on the basis of their success on the Student Admission Test which comprises of intelligence and English language tests. GATE schools offer a variety of gifted and talented programs designed to meet the academic, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of their students. GATE schools strive to enrich their highly capable students’ intellectual and social experiences and to empower them to achieve their full potential.
1. General Information
- GATE target age group: 5 ~ 7 year olds
- Immersion English kindergarten program for gifted and talented students
- A native English speaking teacher is assigned a homeroom for the entire academic year with one Korean bilingual assistant teacher. Assistant teachers do not teach but there are separate special class teachers who teach special classes (e.g., P.E., art, leadership, etc.)
- School Hours: 9:30AM ~ 6:00PM
- Maximum of 14 students per class
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications
2. Job Description
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for an assigned class.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities.
- To plan and prepare lessons according to the PSA curriculum guideline.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, and to safeguard their health and well-being.
- To participate in staff meetings and school events as required.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of students’ progress.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programs of study, teaching materials, resources, and methods of teaching.
- A native English speaker with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in one of the following majors:
- Linguistics / Communications
- More advanced degrees in TESOL and/or teaching certificates preferred
- Work experience in teaching preferred (at least 1 year of kindergarten teaching experience in Korea required)
- Good organization and time management skills; ability to work independently, be flexible, and solve problems
- Excellent reference from previous/present employer