Appletree Nursery was established in 2005 to meet the educational needs of children between 18 months and 5 years old. At Appletree Nursery, great emphasis is placed on building positive relationships, trust, language skills, nurturing self-esteem and most importantly, the safety and well-being of each child.
1. General Information
- Target age group: 18 months ~ 5 years
- Bilingual early childhood education program
- Each classroom has one Korean bilingual teacher and one Korean early childhood teacher as homeroom teachers. Native English speaking teachers are usually assigned to 2 classrooms. Teaching duties are shared among all three teachers and native foreign teachers will be assigned to teach specific subjects by the academic supervisor. Special classes such as music, art, science, and P.E. classes are taught by separate special class teachers.
- School hours: 9:30AM ~ 2:30PM (Regular nursery hours)
2:30PM ~4:00PM (After school program hours)
*School hours may vary depending on the branch.
- Maximum of 16 students per class
- Basic Appletree curriculum is provided by PINE R&D.
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications
2. Job Description
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities.
- To plan and prepare lessons according to the Appletree curriculum guideline.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, and to safeguard their health and well-being.
- To participate in staff meetings and school events as required.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of students’ progress.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programs of study, teaching materials, resources, and methods of teaching.
- A native English speaker with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Good organization and time management skills; ability to work independently, be flexible, and solve problems
- More advanced degrees in TESOL and/or teaching certificates preferred
- Work experience in teaching preferred
- Must be open to working with toddlers and pre-kindergarten students